Board of Directors
Our Board of Directors is the ultimate authority for approval of all FIND policies, organizational strategy and budget.
The Board performs the following functions:
- Provides guidance and exercises final decision-making on strategy
- Approves all management team operations, including work plans and budgets
- Oversees the progress of all FIND activities
- Hires and evaluates senior level executives
- Ensures the integrity of FIND’s corporate accounting, financial reporting systems, and audits
- Participates in resource mobilization effort and supports public relations
- Initiates new partnerships
- Selects new Board members
Our Board conducts their work through four committees:
Audit & Finance Committee
Board: D Camus (Chair), S Kamineni, M Kessel. FIND: C Boehme, L Chaubert, S Saacks
Board: I Kickbusch (Chair), A Jack, M Kessel. FIND: C Boehme, S-J Loveday
Board: M Watson (Chair), M Kessel, S Tlou. FIND: C Boehme, B Mouton
Board: M Tanner (Chair), GF Gao, D Heymann, C Morel. FIND: C Boehme, Z Katz, R Sampath
Members of the Board
Board member selection is based on a range of criteria including individual skills; leadership in the diagnostic field; technical and clinical expertise in relevant disease areas; a history of success in driving development; laboratory and clinical-trial competence; knowledge of what is required to succeed in disease-endemic countries; and a willingness to invest time in helping FIND succeed.
Procedures for the appointment of FIND Board members are guided by the statutes and bylaws approved by the Swiss Supervisory Board for Foundations.